Tickets in the PL application
- 1-way and 2-way tickets
- With a 1-way ticket, you make one trip in the selected zone and it is valid on all Pohjolan Liikenne flights. If your trip includes a change, the ticket will be stamped on both buses.
- Traveling with a 2-way ticket will be cheaper than traveling with a 1-way ticket. It's a good idea to choose a 2-way ticket when you know you're making a return trip or traveling in the same direction as a friend, for example.
- Series tickets
- Series tickets are 10 and 30 trip packages. Traveling with series tickets is cheaper than with 1 and 2 trip tickets.
- Series tickets should be purchased if you know you will be traveling more than once in the coming months, or if you are traveling in a larger group.
- A 10-trip series ticket is valid for 3 months and a 30-trip series ticket for 6 months from the time of purchase.
- Tickets allow you to travel in the selected zone on all Pohjolan Liikenne's buses.
- The series ticket contains 10 or 30 journey tickets. You have to activate your ticket before hopping on the bus. You can see the number of trips remaining on the ticket from the app.
- Season tickets
- Season tickets are by far the cheapest way to travel in Western Uusimaa. For example, students and seniors travel unlimited on Pohjolan Liikenne's buses in Lohja starting at € 1.50 / day.
- You can choose between 14, 30 or 90 days for the duration of the season ticket. The longer the time, the cheaper the daily travel becomes. With a season ticket, you can travel unlimited on Pohjolan Liikenne's buses in the selected zone during the ticket's validity.
- The season ticket includes a QR code from which all ticket trips are read. You can see the remaining time on the ticket from the app.
- Please note that the season ticket cannot be sent to another person after purchase, i. e. the ticket must be purchased on the person's phone, who is going to be using the ticket. However, with the Pappa Betalar! -function you can buy season tickets for children.
- PL + HSL
A combined ticket that can be used to travel on both Pohjolan Liikenne's buses and HSL's means of transport. When you jump aboard Pohjolan Liikenne, activate the PL ticket from the application and when you jump to HSL vehicles, activate the HSL ticket. Easy and cheaper than if you bought these two tickets separately.
- PL + Events
Special offers for events as well as combination tickets that include both return trips and admission to selected events.
- Pappa Betalar! function
Pappa Betalar! allows you to buy tickets for your loved ones. With the function you can buy single, 2 or 10 journey series tickets for Adults / Students / Seniors / Other group members. For a child under 12, you can buy single tickets as well as 14-, 30- or 90-day season tickets.
How do I buy a ticket for a loved one?
- Log in and select the travel area for which you want to buy a ticket.
- Select a category, eg "Children under 12".
- Select a ticket, eg "Children 1 journey".
- Select "Apply" and then "To another account (sharing link)."
- Accept the purchase.
- Submit a sharing link.
Please note: You must be registered in the app to buy tickets for a family member or friend. Your loved one must also have registered as a user of the PL-application downloaded to their own phone.
About seasonal tickets
- Seasonal tickets are valid for unlimited travel on all Pohjolan Liikenne services within their specified validity zone. There are three different validity zones and each have their own seasonal tickets:
- ABC. Western Uusimaa Länkkäri covers all journeys within the Western Uusimaa region and services between Lohja and Helsinki.
- B. Vihti + HelsinkiVihtiläinen is valid for all services operated in Vihti or between Vihti and Helsinki.
- A. Lohja Lohjalainen covers all travel within the Lohja region.
- The validity period of the ticket can be chosen between 14, 30 and 90 days. You can also choose the start date for the ticket.
- The price of the ticket is relatively lower, the longer the chosen validity period is.
- You can hop on and off at any stop or service within the validity area of the ticket.
- The seasonal ticket is personal and a valid ID must be shown upon request at the start of the journey.
- Please note: Seasonal tickets cannot be bought and sent to another person. The ticket must be bought on the phone of the person, who is going to be using the ticket. Pappa Betalar! function can be used to buy season tickets for children under 12.
- You can get seasonal tickets on PL application. Download the free app on AppStore or Play store.
- Please get aqcuainted with our terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
Transactions conducted through the Pohjolan Liikenne Online Shop abide by Finnish law and the quality standard set by the public transport laws. A purchase made from the Pohjolan Liikenne Online Shop is binding once the transaction has been made.
Correctness of the information
The ticket purchaser is responsible for providing correct information for the purchase and delivery of the tickets. Pohjolan Liikenne is not responsible for problems in sending the confirmation or delivery of tickets resulting from incorrect information or any damage resulting from them.
Presenting the ticket
The ticket contains information that entitles to travel and it must be presented when boarding the bus. The e-ticket can be opened from the link found on the covering email sent to the address provided by the customer. The customer is responsible for presenting the ticket to the driver.
The ticket can either be printed out or presented to the driver from the screen of a mobile device. When presented from a mobile device, the QR-code and texts on the ticket must be clearly readable. When presenting the ticket from a mobile device, brightening the screen helps the scanning of the code.
Please note that the order number or the covering email of the ticket are not sufficient travel documents.
Tickets purchased from the Online Shop cannot be changed or cancelled. The validity of the ticket depends on the ticket type.
- The 1, 2, 5, 10 & 30 journey tickets are valid on any bus departure operated by Pohjolan Liikenne in both directions on the chosen route. You can also board the bus along the route, as long as the ticket covers the rest of your trip.
- The Season ticket entitles you to travel unlimitedly during the ticket's period of validity on all bus services operated by Pohjolan Liikenne on the chosen route. The Season ticket is personal, and an official identity card must be presented with the ticket on the bus.
- The Zone ticket entitles you to unlimited travel within the chosen zone during the ticket's period of validity on all bus services operated by Pohjolan Liikenne. The Zone ticket is personal, and an official identity card must be presented with the ticket on the bus.
- Passengers entitled to Student or Pensioner discount must present a valid discount card on the bus together with their ticket. Students are eligible for a discount only upon presentation of a valid physical or digital student card that includes Matkahuolto's logo. Student ID's issued outside Finland are not accepted.
- Junior passengers aged 6-16 years are granted a discount in our Online shop. Children under the age of 6 years always travel for free with an adult on our services.
- Additional service Bicycle allows you to take the bicycle/bicycles only to the service marked in the ticket. This ensures that there is room for your bicycle in the cargo space.